Tuesday, March 31, 2015

National Poetry Month Starts Tomorrow!



As I write this, I am perched on the lip of the canyon that has become the Tattooed Poets Project.

What started as an exercise in wondering if I could fill 30 days with 30 tattooed poets, is now a major endeavor. This is our seventh annual celebration of poets with ink, as they say, and these pages will be dominated by verse for the month of April. We certainly had more submissions than we have days in this, the cruelest month, and as accommodating as I had been in years past, double-posting in 2014, I just am unable to swing the same ambition this year.

That said, what will make the April cut will be what I am inspired to share. There are wonderful poems and tattoos that may make the overflow – last year we continued once-weekly, into June. I anticipate that this year, the stretch may go farther into the summer.

I want to thank everyone who submitted and beg pardon of those who may not have made it into April.

Once again I would like to thank Stacey and David at the Best American Poetry Blog for their continued support and cheers.  They continue to inspire and motivate me to achieve this task every year, and for that I am eternally grateful.


Enjoy the tattoos, enjoy the poems, enjoy the month!

This entry is ©2015 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: